A bazillion other things that need syrup will thank you for this homemade syrup.
Quick, delicious and 100% identifiable ingredients make this syrup a necessary for every house.
Note: play with this! add pecans, add different extracts, boil longer to thicken it up, add more butter to make it thinner, add cinnamon, or add some crushed berries for a different flavor of syrup.
Food should be fun. Eat breakfast.
GOOD FOOD. GOOD FRIENDS. GOOD TIMES.
Homemade SyrupPrint This
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Additions to add for different syrup flavors:
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup crushed berries
- 1/4 chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, sugar, brown sugar and butter to a boil. Stir often.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla. (Add any additional flavorings or spices).
- Syrup will thicken as it cools.
Note: can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.