Both of my best friend’s husbands love muffuletta sandwiches. It’s actually a bribe that the girls and I conspire to make when we want them to go somewhere, they may not really want to go. “There will be muffulettas there”. BAM! They enjoy some sandwiches.
This olive salad spread is the secret to a great muffuletta and it is so easy to make.
If you want to try it as a dip, double the recipe and make some toasted pita points or bagel chips. Perfect for any get together or as a bribe for the husbands. (Don’t judge. We do what we have to do.)
The olive tree is surely the richest gift of Heaven.Thomas Jefferson
GOOD FOOD. GOOD FRIENDS. GOOD TIMES.
© FoodLovePlay. All images & content are the sole property of FoodLovePlay. Please obtain permission prior to using my images. If you would like to republish a recipe, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words
N'awlins Olive Salad SpreadPrint This
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and drained
- 1/2 cup green olives, salad-type
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Chop olives in a food processor until diced small, then remove to a medium bowl, set aside.
- Chop celery and bell pepper in food processor until diced small, then add to chopped olives.
- Add capers, minced garlic, oregano, basil and pepper flakes to olive mixture. Stir well.
- Pour olive oil in slowly, stirring to coat the entire mixture.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before using.
Excellent for New Orleans Muffuletta, sandwiches or toasted pita points.